Director of Facilities Meadowbrook, an independent JK-8 school of academic excellence, is a multi-building year round campus situated on approx. 30 acres in a quiet residential area of Weston, MA. The primary responsibility of the Director is to oversee the Facilities Department employees, their work, and the work of any contracted trades while ensuring a safe, compliant, efficient, and attractive private school environment and site. This position reports to the School Business Manager but also works closely with the Headmaster as well as the Board of Trustees.
The Facilities Director oversees all aspects of the maintenance and repair of building systems including, but not limited to: various HVAC systems, power distribution systems, card access and security systems, “FAST” septic system, fire protection systems, 2 State permitted pools (CPO), 2 full sized gymnasiums, a 900 sq. ft. performance stage, all ADA, fire code, and building code compliance. On our wetlands sensitive site we also maintain campus flora and fauna, three and a half natural turf soccer fields, a baseball field, 4 tennis courts, a K-8 playground, and 8 different building locations.
- Demonstrated life long learner with deep building trades experience
- “Jack of all Trades” a plus
- Experienced department leader and manager who is an effective communicator
- Successful troubleshooter who anticipates problems and solutions
- Works effectively in a diverse community, values collaboration, effectively uses computer technology, comfortable with multiple budget control and record keeping.
- Personable and trustworthy
- Demonstrated competency by trade licenses or certifications is preferred
- Pitches in to support the needs of the whole school, not just maintenance
Duties and Responsibilities: Being a hands-on team leader with previous exposure to multiple building trades is an important quality for any applicant. The successful applicant will be relied upon to:
- Maintain an effective campus wide preventative maintenance and computerized work order program
- Be an effective department manager, project scheduler and work expediter
- Demonstrate flexibility, proven ability to adjust priorities
- Participate in a standby/emergency schedule for evening, weekend, special events and holiday coverage when needed.
- Complete periodic inspections of the school’s buildings, grounds and equipment
- Train subordinates in proper work means and methods
- Evaluate Facility department employees annually
- Become First aid and CPR certified, retain Mass CPO certification, Hold or acquire AHERA program manager certification, hold or acquire EPA-RRP certification
We anticipate that the new director will work alongside the current director (who is retiring) beginning in the winter for the rest of the current school year. Interested candidates should submit his or her letter of interest, supporting documents and resume to Kathy McNamara, Assistant to the Headmaster, by November 11 at:
Kathy McNamara Meadowbrook School 10 Farm Road Weston, MA 02493 or email@example.com